Saturday, January 5, 2013

Back at it with a 6er

Today was the first time I've run since my New Years double and the "official" start of my half marathon training. I originally had a 4-miler planned for Thursday, but I was still a little sore ... and I was back to working every night. I guess I was on the "keep around after holiday peak" list after all. Yay. Nothing else new on the work front. Rumors are running rampant and it'd be silly to get worked up over something that may or may not happen. All I can do is keep working hard and appreciate the trust my supervisors have placed in me ... and the paychecks. :)

I was eager to test out my new C9 cold compression gear I bought earlier this week at Target (yay sales and gift cards) and nature definitely provided the cold. Brr! It was right around 20* when I left the house. Thank goodness it was sunny and the wind was completely calm.

So...
Plan: 6 miles
Actual: 6.22 miles in 1:11:37 (average pace of 11:30/ mile)

I'm really happy with this considering I haven't run this far since before Halloween! Yes, I went back and looked it up. Lol. And. I ran the whole time. No walk breaks. :)

And now I need to go get ready for work. I'm thinking compression socks are going to be a necessity tonight. Good thing I bought myself 2 more pairs for Christmas. :)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

1 comment:

  1. How did you like the c9 gear, I have been ad,Irving it, but haven't bought any. Great job on a sox mile run.

    ReplyDelete