Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hangover Classic and 2013 Goals

Oh man are my legs tired. I can (probably still) run 6 miles with no problems, but "racing" 2 5ks within 12 hours of each other and I'm wiped.

It was cold and sunny for the Hangover Classic today. It cracks me up how many people show up in old-school sweatpants (tucked into their tube socks, of course) and full-outfit pjs for this race. There was even someone running in a robe (like, terry cloth bath robe) this year! Midnight Special might be littered with sparkles, glow lights, and cheesy hats, but the Hangover Classic outfits live up to the race's name. The male and female winners get outhouse bobbleheads and the rest of us sit through the raffle of "leftover race crap". Despite how SLOW I was, I was pretty pleased with my performance today. I didn't walk at all and if I didn't finish exactly on the 33-minute mark, it's because the chick RIGHT in front of me decided to WALK into the finish chute. Gah. I ended up with a cheapy plastic photo frame alarm clock from the raffle (they were Glass City Marathon Relay Winner awards from last year). Hey, why not? I could use a clock in the bathroom or on my dresser ... I guess. Haha. Maybe I'll stick an inspirational quote in the photo frame.

I spent some time during the HC today thinking about my 2013 goals. Here's what I've got so far:

1) Run 2 Half Marathons.
2) Run at least 700 miles.
3) Bike at least 500 miles.
4) GRADUATE!!!
5) Take a vacation.
6) Be creative EVERY DAY. I don't care if it's blogging about my running, ranting in my journal, or spending 10 minutes doodling while I'm on the phone. For me, the best way to practice expressing myself is to JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I'm sure I'll add to the list as I think about other aspects of my life, but these were the first ones that popped into my head (and made sense) today.

No comments:

Post a Comment