Friday, September 23, 2011

1 year and gone for the weekend

Ok, warning ahead of time, not much running in this post.

Today makes it 1 year since we lost Grandpa. I realized this last night when I was watching tv and I broke down all over again. It rained off and on most of the night, just hard and steady enough to be soothing. Funny how it usually does that on nights I'm the most broken. I pulled Wrinkles (the stuffed dog from my Grandparents' house) down off my shelf and snuggled with him all night. I always feel so much closer to them when I have him around. I had a really nice dream too, where I'm back at Grandma and Grandpa's house and I was sitting at the kitchen table talking to Grandma while she cooked. I don't know if I was completely dreaming or remembering something and it was just my adult body in the scene instead of the kid body. Whatever the case, I miss my grandparents every day. They were such a huge part of my childhood that the last couple years as I was loosing one after another was REALLY hard ... and still is.

There's a 5k out at PIB that I REALLY wanted to run tomorrow morning (LOVE LOVE LOVE the Lake Erie Islands), but instead I will be traveling to Illinois for the weekend with my parents (*sigh*). My cousin is getting married. I'll reserve my thoughts on the whole deal, how I ended up going (grr), and how much I do NOT want to be in the car for that long with both my parents for another time ... maybe. At least I'll get to see my aunt and uncle and Justin's baby girl. Ellie is SUCH a doll! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment