Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gotta start somewhere, I guess.

Time to get back in the saddle. Or, more accurately, lace the running shoes back up. I was on campus all morning and early afternoon, but I knew I had to get outside for a run before the weather closed in on me. We're expecting icky rain for the next couple day and I knew I'd never be able to motivate myself for the dreamill if I didn't run outside today. So, as soon as I saw the sky started to darken, I abandoned my basement lab and made like a bunny for Wildwood Metropark. Since its been a while and my legs have been bothering me off-and-on the past couple days, I stuck to the Corey Road loop. At first, it was weird to me to be running the loop clockwise. I'm not sure WHY it felt so weird. I didn't want to push myself too much so I alternated running a loop and walking a loop. Each lap is just under 1/2 mile. The running felt great, but my right foot began bothering me during the walking laps (I know, go figure, right?). I wanted to run a few more laps, but the dark clouds were closing in quick and my foot was really starting to bother me that last walking lap (that turned into my cool-down). So, I guess I take tomorrow off and then try again. I would really like to be able to run the Cupcake Classic Virtual Race next weekend (on top of everything else going on that weekend)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment