Thursday, October 20, 2011

Short and Random

So, I came home early purposely so I'd have time to workout and shower before heading to dinner with the family for mom's birthday (more on that in a minute), but my plans were thwarted. I sat down on my bed to put my socks on, decided to lay back for 2 seconds ... and fell asleep. Um, yea. I woke up when dad got home. I had just enough time to shower before we had to leave. And there is NO WAY I can run now. It is impossible for me to eat a reasonable-sized portion when it comes to barbeque ribs, especially from Damon's or Outback Steakhouse. I am now stretched back out on my bed, in my sweatpants, with a glass of wine, waiting for my Thursday night tv shows to start. lol. Oh well.

We have a tradition in our family of trying to out-do each other with silly/goofy birthday cards. We aren't sure if dad or I won this year ... I say me since my card got a dig in on dad as well. :D
Dad's card. He says it reminds him of a dog we used
to have and an incident involving one of MY birthday cakes. lol

Front of my card.

Inside my card.




When we got home from dinner, I had a nice surprise waiting for me. The sunglasses I ordered from planetgear.com got here! Iron Girl "Victorious C"s. Yippee! I'm so happy with them (I have issues finding athletic sunglasses that aren't too tight on the sides of my head) and I can't wait to wear them on a run! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment