Saturday, November 26, 2011

HBBC Week 1

Week #1 of Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge was the kick in the pants i needed to be more consistent with my workouts. My goal for the entirety of the challenge is to do SOMETHING 6 days per week. So far so good.

Here's the run-down of this week's workouts and their points for HBBC. Note that I'll tally up my points for 30-Day Shred at the end because each workout spans several categories. My run-down will probably be much shorter next week, but I wanted to run through everything this first time and decide on a format that I like and will be able to continue using though the entire challenge. :)

Saturday, Nov. 19
- A sweet early morning run at Oak Openings with Dan. I was a bit miffed when my Garmin died after 3 seconds and even more so when I was a mile(ish) into the run and realized my side was hurting because we were keeping up a quicker pace than I normally do. Grr. At least I've run that trail several times before and have an approximate distance. (4 miles = 4 points)

Sunday, Nov. 20
- Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred: Level 1
- 1.5 mile walk on the treadmill while watching football (1.5 points)
- 2 mile run on the treadmill during halftime (2 points)
- I'm going to count my packing and moving boxes as part of my workout because it kicked my butt! I was still sore the next day! (45 minutes = 2 points)

Monday, Nov. 21
- JM 30-Day Shred: Level 1

Tuesday, Nov. 22
- Treadmill - walk 1.857
- Treadmill - run 2.553 ... I wanted to run further, but I was getting hungry. lol

Wednesday, Nov. 23
- I got in 20 minutes of weights before loading up the truck and heading to Illinois for Thanksgiving (1point)

Thursday, Nov. 24
- I got my recommended servings of fruits and veggies (1 point)
- and 2 miles walking (2 points)

Friday, Nov. 25
- I got my recommended servings of fruits and veggies (1 point)

So ... 2 days of JM 30-Day Shred = 2.4 points assuming Jillian's system is correct and you're doing 9 minutes of strength, 6 minutes of high impact cardio, and 3 minutes of abs.

In total, 21.31 points for Week 1. Not bad. I really want to work on getting my recommended servings of fruits and veggies and my consistency with working out. This week was a bit of a fluke with traveling for 3 days, but here's hoping I just keep getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment