Friday, January 13, 2012

2nd Chance @ BCOR Bootcamp and a Blip in my Training

If you didn't take advantage the the livingsocial deal for BCOR Boot Camp, don't worry, Groupon has you covered! Groupon's BCOR Deal. Again, the deal is nation-wide. It's $35 for 6 weeks of unlimited Boot Camp classes! I know I got the other deal from livingsocial, but I may just get this one too. To get more info on BCOR and kind a location near you, http://www.bcor.net/

Now, I shared my workout plan for this week earlier, but things got a little off track. Oops. Just as I was getting ready to roll out on my run Wednesday, the mail truck pulled up into our driveway. She only does this when she has a HUGE package or if we have certified mail, and normally she just drops the package on the porch, honks the horn, and takes off again. This time, she actually got out of the mail truck, came up to the door, and rang the doorbell. Uh Oh. That means certified mail. As soon as I opened the door, she joked that I probably wasn't going to like what she had for me and please not to kill the messenger. She was right. I didn't like what she had for me. She hadn't even pulled out of the driveway yet and I was already shaking I was so mad. I can't go into details, but I CAN say I've spent some time playing phone tag with the insurance company and a lawyer. THEY're just as tired of this crap as I am. At least it's out of my hands now and they'll keep me updated on what happens.

Anyway, that little surprise COMPLETELY put me off working out the rest of the day (except for about 5 minutes of beating the crap out of a punching bag). I pretty much crawled in bed and watched Ghost Hunters the rest of the day and night (<3 Steve and Tango, and Jay and Grant, and Amy and Adam, and Britt ... and MADDIE! hehe).

Yesterday (Thursday) was just as bad. Except for my #plankaday and pushups, I sat at my computer and worked on my paper (and a couple old writing prompts that I found sparked my imagination so I spent an hour or 2 working on those. Maybe they'll lead to my next published short story. Who knows). I wasn't even really MAD anymore, just exhausted from the mental aspect of dealing with it all.

Today, with full intention of getting outside, I woke up to this:
I have no problem with running in the snow, but it was super-gusty and the 20-degree temperature drop in 12 hours is REALLY playing games with my sinuses. For those of you who don't know me in person, I have a pinched sinus cavity and anytime a major front sweeps in too quick, my sinuses can't keep up with the pressure changing and they go BONKERS! Congestion, sinus pressure, the works. I'm pretty much guaranteed 3 or 4 good sinus infections every winter (usually towards the beginning as it's getting colder and the end as it's getting warmer). I was told a long time ago that the only solution would be to drill out my sinuses. Yea, that isn't happening until I have freaking amazing health insurance.

Anyway, I decided I didn't want to just SKIP the run. So, it was time to acquaint my new(er) shoes with the treadmill (now that the basement is cleaned up again and I can ACTUALLY use it!) ...
Treadmill, meet Sauconys, Sauconys, meet treadmill.
Play nice. I mean it.
I warmed up with 15 minutes of walking (0.874 miles) and then started my run. I KNOW treadmill running is so much harder for me than outside running and I can't (for some weird reason) run the same pace I normally would, so I started the speed at 4.5mph and cranked it up every 10 minutes. Since I forgot my iPod upstairs, I was glad to find Spike with a show on the Mongol motorcycle gang. Yea, I know. The weirdest things entertain me when I'm on the treadmill. The whole 3 miles took 00:38:46, which ends up being a pace of 12:55 or something, not too far off the 12:40 that was in my plan for Wednesday's run.

I had totally planned on posting the picture of how I felt after that treadmill run, but it's just horrific. Running a 13-minute mile on the treadmill takes more out of me than running a 11-minute mile outside. Ugh. I also somehow didn't realize until after I was done running that the heating vent was blowing DIRECTLY on me the entire time and since it's the closest vent to the furnace, it was pretty darn toasty. *rolls eyes* Oh well. The miles are done and I'm looking forward to *hopefully* getting in my 4 miles outside tomorrow.

- - -

P.S - I'm playing around with some different layouts and backgrounds right now, so don't freak out on me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment