Thursday, January 26, 2012

Real Quick ... Yesterday's Run.

My training plan called for a 4 mile run with 2 at 5k tempo. For tempo runs I normally sandwich the tempo miles between my slower miles, but it just didn't happen that way. I'm not sure if it was a mental block or this just felt more comfortable, but I turned out a pretty darn respectable negative-split run. Instead of worrying about a route, I just ran straight down Whitehouse-Spencer for 2 miles and then turned around. I actually passed my mom on her way home from work. She decided I wasn't paying enough attention (I was, I just wasn't waving at her like a nut job) so she honked her horn and almost made me trip in the gravel.

Alright, back into the whirlwind that is this week. I should be able to come up for air sometime tomorrow evening (*crosses fingers*). Hope everyone else is having a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on your negative split run!! That's the way to do it.

    I feel like people often see me when I run but I never see them. I tend to get into my own little world, especially if I'm listening to a book on tape or something like that.

    ReplyDelete