Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Mail Lady Brings Me Fun Stuff

So, remember that Schwaggle deal not too long ago that sold out ridiculously fast ... the FuelBelts? Well, it finally came today ... *jumps up and down excited like a little kid*

After spending a couple minutes with the R20, I can understand why some people aren't happy with the zip pouch on this belt. It really is just big enough for your keys and a gel or 2. Even if I didn't try to carry my blackberry (which is kinda compact compared to most smart phones out there. And it's still too big for this pouch), my car key and remote will fill it up pretty well. I already planned on purchasing an extra bottle, caps, and slide-on holster, but maybe I'll have to consider a larger pouch as well. I know I've seen them on Amazon and I SHOULD have some credits from survey-taking to be redeemed soon.

Oh ... and it brought along a friend ...


I'm almost as excited for that second little present as I am for the first. I've been contemplating nutrition a lot lately but have been cautious of buying anything myself. I don't like buying something and then decided I wasted my money on it, so I'm always game when someone sends me free stuff. :) Maybe it's just my ignorance, but are all gels this big?! Oh well. I think I'm going to save this for a longer run. Clif does have some pretty nifty ideas about their shots and the packaging, though (perfect example ... litter leash!). You can read about them HERE.

I haven't decided yet how I'm going to schedule in runs once I start boot camp Saturday morning. I guess it depends on how I feel after classes, if I need the days between as rest days or I'll be good for a couple 2-a-days.

An email newsletter form one of the local running shops gave me a couple ideas for upcoming races. They're both 5ks, but I guess something is better than nothing. I don't like NOT having something to train FOR. Plus, one of the 5ks starts less than a mile from my parents' house and benefits the elementary school parents club. I remember how important that parents club was for the students when I was there, so I have absolutely no qualms about the $30 registration fee. I figure I'll save a couple more bucks and just walk down there and back (or ride my bike and park it at the school).

Alright ... time to get ready and head over to group run. I'm sure this gorgeous weather is going to bring out a bunch of people! :)

1 comment:

  1. I do remember that Schwaggle because I MISSED it! I saw it at work at figured I would just snag it when I got home, but it was gone.

    I have only tried the mocha clif shots but I do really like them!

    ReplyDelete