Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lovely Lazy Sunday

This whole weekend has been great. Despite the rain yesterday, the family reunion was great fun. I got to spend time with some of my favorite cousins and their adorable kids. I get to see Rachel's family now and again (though that may soon be changing) but I rarely get to see Jacob (and now Caroline). Plus this was the first time I was getting to hold Cayden.
Mikayla (2 years - my birthday buddy!) giving her cousin, Cayden (4 months), a kiss.

And then singing *Twinkle Twinkle Little Star* for him when he was upset. 
I was pooped by the end of the day and just came home and crashed. I wasn't lucky enough to sleep in this morning, but I sat in bed eating cereal, drinking juice, and watching tv like I did when I was a kid. I spent a couple hours laying in the pool trying to even out my tan lines (my stomach hasn't seen this much sun in 20ish years!). A freak thunderstorm blew through, and then it got sunny again. Mom heated up the last of the homemade lasagna for dinner and now I'm back on my bed, eating ice cream, and waiting for my favorite phone call of the week. :)

A perfectly lazy ... comfortable ... relaxing ... day.

No comments:

Post a Comment