Thursday, June 2, 2011

C25K W9D2

I didn't get to run yesterday afternoon like I had wanted. My stomach had been feeling iffy all day and by the time I got home I realized it just wasn't going to happen. I spent the evening laying in bed alternating between the Ghost Hunters marathon and True Blood.

I had also planned on waking up early and getting my run in before going to campus. Again, didn't happen. I woke up around 4:30 to the cool air coming in through my window and I threw my pile of blankets back on the bed and burrowed down in them. I never heard my alarm clock or the alarm on my watch. I even ended up working from home today (I'm just being responsible and saving gas and money... right? lol). I finally got up around 9 and got a couple hours serious work in (lord I hate synthesizing scientific articles) before deciding that I needed to get my run in that minute or I was going to keep thinking about it the rest of the day.

It went well. I've been doing more visualization while running than normal. My music is still nearly-essential, but the visualization is becoming more and more necessary to make me focus. I joke with some former teammates of mine that I feel like I still need our coach over one shoulder and my old coxswain over the other yelling at me. I ran the entire 30 minutes today at 4.4mph, which I'm happy about. I'm aware of how poorly this translates to when I get outside and run, but maybe that will change once I buy my Garmin (birthday present? anyone?).

For now, I'm thinking that lawnchair out on the back deck is looking mighty inviting. I'm spending some time outside in my new bathing suit top every sunny day to hopefully tan enough that any funny tan lines from the upcoming 5k won't be as noticeable. We shall see ...

1 comment:

  1. haha, "any funny tanlines"... thanks for following my blog! I didn't realize you were on blogspot. Isn't mobile blogging fun? haha :)

    ReplyDelete