Friday, June 3, 2011

Early Birthday Present?

I've been thinking about an early birthday present for myself ... Since I'm going to stepping off the treadmill VERY soon, I've been wanting the get a HRM (heart-rate monitor) with GPS (mainly because I don't trust online maps and I can't exactly drive the distance if I go off-road). I've been looking at the Garmin Forerunner series on Amazon for a while and I had it narrowed down to 2 models that I like, the 110 and the 305. I have a little over $30 in Amazon gift cards, which isn't much, but it's enough to be helpful on my budget. I had originally settled on the 110 because of the price of the watch (and then I'd buy the HRM at a later date ... or have mom buy it as my birthday present from her and dad), but when I put up a note on dailymile about it, Cassi clued me in to the price drop on the 305. The 305 is now cheaper WITH the HRM than the 110 is WITHOUT the HRM. Woo hoo! Thanks Cassi!

So ... I think that settles it. I'll wait until tonight to see what mom says about chipping in (she prefers helping me pay for this kind of thing as a birthday present than buying something herself ... we've proven time and time again she has no idea what to buy me. Plus they'll be gone on a cruise to Alaska for almost 2 weeks before my birthday), and then I'm ordering it. :)



Maybe I'll buy that nifty little runner's waist-pouch I've been eyeing while I'm at it ... I can't count on someone to be there to hold my stuff during the 5k and I can't stick anything besides my ID in my iPod case while I'm out running. :)

2 comments:

  1. Is that a skinny version of a fanny pack? I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically. It's just big enough to hold my cell phone (I hope), id, and a granola bar (or car keys for race days). I ended up getting the black one, though, because it was a couple dollars cheaper. I can't wait for everything to get here so I can start playing with them! :D

    ReplyDelete